Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drivers for usb 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

baragoi

Technical User
Dec 12, 2003
CA
Hy.I have a p4p800 asus motherboard. When I insert the cd with the drivers to install the usb 2.0 drivers, it says that on windows xp the drivers will be installed when will download windows xp service pack from Windows Update.But, when i`m installing windows xp service pack there`s an error.It says the the cd key is not good or something like that.What I have to do?

The Service Pack 1a for WinXP is a download, doesn't need a CD Key for installation. It's also available on CD, also does not need the CD Key.

If you have a WinXP CD that says Includes Service Pack 1, it does need the key.

I hope your cd key is legit .
The Sp1 update checks your installation for some known blacklisted product keys.
(the most known was the fckgw-rhq2....)

There has been deviced all sorts of tricks to get around that...
But I'll kindly suggest that you buy your own new copy of M.S.Windows XP (SP1 or better) or buy a used Win. 2000 Pro. , M.S. will support that some years still (Service packs)...

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back