Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drivers for 3D cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Temjin

Technical User
Feb 9, 2005
US
Supposed I buy a Creative Riva TnT2 3D card which had the nVidia TnT2 chips on it,where should I go and download the latest drivers?
Are the drivers from nVidia and Creative same?

You can download the latest TNT2 drivers from Creative at 3dblaster.com and the Nvidia Detonator 3 drivers from nvidia.com. Perhaps someone else here can verify this, but the Detonator 3 drivers are supposed to provide a good performance boost over the CL drivers. The only issues then may be from CL support if they have to troubleshoot a problem with your card.

- John M. [sig]<a href=mailto:jonnor@bellatlantic.net>jonnor@bellatlantic.net</a><br>"Remember you are unique, just like everyone else"[/sig]

CL Drivers, Elsa Drivers, Etc any specific card drivers are usally based on a much older version of the Nvidia Reference driver, so if you dont care much for features like TV out, or 3d glasses, then going to nvidia.com and downloading the latest reference drivers is always best. also why dont you get a Geforce2 MX, they cost less than a TNT2 Ultra, and they perform much much better. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Hey, my name is Karl with a K also. You don't meet to many of those. Most people are Carl with a C's. [sig][/sig]

well if your name was based from german culture, it's much more likely to run into a 'K' Karl, my dad named me that, because he wanted to give me a &quot;strong&quot; german name. [sig]<p>Karl<br><a href=mailto:kb244@kb244.com>kb244@kb244.com</a><br><a href= </a><br>Experienced in : C++(both VC++ and Borland),VB1(dos) thru VB6, Delphi 3 pro, HTML, Visual InterDev 6(ASP(WebProgramming/Vbscript)<br>
[/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back