Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver Power State Failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metaliczombi

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
US
I just got the dreaded BSOD with this error "Driver Power State Failure" The technical info at the end "*** STOP: 0X0000009F(0X00000500, 0X00000002, 0X86C467C8, 0X86FE1B0)

I googled it and found that unsigned drivers might cause this.

I used sigverif and then disabled 2 of the most recent modified drivers undeer the device manager, one is for Realplayer, ASCTRM.SYS and the 2nd is for musicmatch, MXLWNT.SYS. My system now restarts fine again. What I am wondering is does anybody have experience with this error. I want to know if this has solved it for anybody else.

More info:

winXP home SP1

I got this error on shutdown after the windows is shutting down screen.

Well that was only a temporary fix. I get the BSOD if I click restart but when I hit shutdown the machine hangs at the shutting down screen. My HD sounds like it shutsdown but the rest of my box stays on. ANy help. I don't have an XP disk per se. i only have the factory reinstall disk. As we all know would completely erase everything. Help?

it must seem this is a diary of my troubles. I couldn't find the driver that was causing the problemn after it started again so I rolled back into a restore Point and it worked okay for now. Stay tuned for another exciting episode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back