Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver or Service Failed Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThomasThompson

Technical User
Jul 2, 2012
US
I am getting the standard a driver or service has failed to start message on a SBS 2003 on bootup. I go through the event viewer and am getting no errors in any category. I go throught the services and am not gettig any failed automatic startups other than the Perf Log service , wich if i understand correctly it is normal for it to start but stop . but i did try turning it off and rebooting but still same message.

i have researched and read and read and have tried a few suggestions but have yet to find a fix.

Note: everything runs fine once it boots but it takes about 5 minutes for it to finish booting when it hits applying computer settings screen.

I took over this server from a previous company and don't have any documentation as to what has been installed and un-installed over the years. no one can even pinpoint when it started doing this.

any suggestiopns or info is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back