Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver Issues with Win 98 CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

MM33

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2001
US
I just swapped out my old P3 mother board and chip with the new AMD mother board and chip. I put all the components onto the new mother board and everything is starting up okay etc...

-When I boot into windows 98 it updates all the drivers but some drivers (USB, Video) I need to put the windows 98 disk in for.
-When I put a Win98 disk in and proceed it doesn't find the ini files it is looking for.
-Does anyone know why this happens I have never seen this before?
-When I try looking for the CAB file on the 98 disk that Windows driver installer wants it isn't there and I cant unzip any cab files on the disk. I have no idea why!!

Please help.

Thanks in advance!!
-MM

Yes, of course this is what would happen.
The old mobo is obviously different than the new one, and the drivers it's trying to load (that are stored on your hard disk) won't work.
You should find the model of the motherboard you are using, go the the manufacturer's site and download the drivers for it. The USB and video on the motherboard won't work right until you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back