Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver for VX1120 glass monitor to work with Win7 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 21, 1999
US
My treasured big glass monitor has worked for years, including with Win7. Apparently an update of some kind has removed the specific monitor driver, and now the system is using the driver for Generic VGA (Non-PNP), and the best resolution I can get isn't as good as what I had before - the solution will be to find a specific driver for the VX 1120, but all the utilities I can find just want to scan the drivers already in use and find updated versions. Does anyone out there have a video driver file for the VX1120 ?

Fred Wagner
(retired, but still involved!)

I found an old Gateway driver CD with files supposedly compatible with NT and Win2K, copied the driver files to the local drive, and tried an install. The system now shows the VX1120, but the best resolution is still 1280 x 720 VGA - next to figure out how to get it to try SuperVGA.

Fred Wagner

Update the video card/video chip driver. the monitor can be generic, but resolution is a product of the video driver more than the monitor driver, which serves very little function.

Thanks - I'll give it a shot my next volunteer day - only there 1 day a week now that I'm retired!

Fred Wagner

Our current crop of local tech wizards managed to find a setting under a tab I handn't seen. It's up to 1600 by 1200, which is about what I needed. Calling our help desk actually helped !

Fred Wagner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back