Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver for ISA-connected hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlgmartin

Vendor
Jul 6, 2010
PH
Greetings to everyone! I have a Call Accounting/Billing software (phone call logger) that comes with an ISA-connected hardware with DB9 I/O port. Windows XP was not able to detect the hardware, meaning I need to install it manually. Is there a generic driver for ISA-connected devices? From the Device Manager, should it appear under Ports (COM&LPT)?

Is there any driver included with the software? If not, and if one is required, the place to find one might be via the actual manufacturer of the hardware.

Another reason for your problems might be related to any Firewall that you are running, or the physical connection of the hardware.

I am not familiar with your hardware, do you see any Unknown Devices or errors in the Device Manager?

Driverguide.com has alot of wonky drivers too but i agree with the above guy, manufacturers will almost always have drivers on their site,(cough, Gateway).
P.S. You do have to sign up with driverguide but you can always use dodgit if worried about spam

DB9, hmmm...usually spells SERIAL port, but not always...

are there any identifying numbers, on stickers on the PCB, etc... that would allow us to do a more profound search on the iNet?

or you could take a picture of the card (front and back) then upload that to a hosting site (ImageShack) and then post it here in the thread..

use: [ignore]
[/ignore]
as a template to post pictures directly or just post the link to said picture...

Ben
"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."
How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.
Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back