Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Driver for HP P1100 Photosmart printer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkeytrotter

Technical User
Apr 2, 2001
US
I can't seem to install the driver for my printer from the disk that was supplied or from the driver that I got from HP's site. I have a message that says that the computer doesn't communicate with the printer. I have changed the cable to a different one but it doesn't matter. The only printer that I can use is the generic printer when I go to add a printer. There are no conflicts when I go into the device manager.

I had the same problem with P1100 and windows 98. I did finally get the printer to work. I don't know exactly how, but here's what I did. I was hoping a driver for another printer might work so I installed the driver for HP deskjet 1000c. After installing, I printed a test page and got an error message (invalid parameter or something like that), so I uninstalled the 1000c driver (using the shortcut "Uninstaller" in the newly created hp1000c folder in my start->programs menu). After it uninstalled my computer restarted and when it started back up, windows 98 recognized my P1100 printer as Plug and play. I cancelled out of new hardware found wizard, turned off my printer, and started the P1100 driver setup program. When it got to the part about connecting the printer, I turned the printer on and clicked Next, and viola, it installed. I hope the 1000c driver was the trick, I don't know for certain. By the way, I'm using parallel cable. Hope this helps. Let me know if you got questions or if this does end up working for you.

Luke

ok then check to see if in the bios that you have the printer set to ecp/epp comuntiaction for the printer to work gunthnp
Have you ever woken up and realized you where not alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back