Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drive types

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEARNIN123

Technical User
Oct 17, 2003
CA
Hello all:

I am trying to add new drives to my array on my proliant 3000r with a 2/dh array controller. I just found a lot of 18.2 gig drives which I thought were compatible with the rest. They are fujitsu 18.2 gig MAA3182SC and according to the fujitsu data sheet are SCSI -2 command set supporting scsi 3 and supports ultra scsi. The trays I have are wide ultra scsi and were working with 4.3 gig drives. I installed the drives and when I went to upgrade the array to the 18.2 gig drives, it said there were no drives attached to the array. How to I go about identifing which type of drive tray I need to utilize these drives?

as my name states, I am still learning about this stuff and occasionally need a little guidance. thanks for any help

David

Hi David

I once swaped the drives in the trays, its easy to do it just needs a screw driver and some patience. I had 4gb drives in one type of tray and the newer 9Gb drives had a different tray which did not match the Drive cage backplane, so out with the screw driver.

Regards

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back