Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive Space Pop-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

markstangroom

Technical User
Apr 25, 2001
GB
i've seen a Windows XP setup where when a user logs in a pop-up appears with a pie-chart of their drive space.

I've set my users disk quotas and would like to use somthing similar so they know when they are reaching their limit. But i can't find this, or any other, program anywhere.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks

Mark

Ermm, am I missing something or is this a Microsoft Windows question? This is a Java forum. I apologise if I'm wrong, but you don't mention 'Java' anywhere in your question so who's to know?

Tim

yes it is a java question which is why i put it in the java forum.

i am trying to write a small java program, maybe a small IE window, which i can set to run when a user logs in which pops up and tells them how much space they have left on the drive.

i've been playing around with

Runtime.getRuntime().exec("/bin/df -h");
but can't get it to work.

Hang on - which OS is it ? You say Win XP earlier, but now you seem to be running a linux command ?

--------------------------------------------------
Free Database Connection Pooling Software

Ok. Some points.

I cannot find any reason to use Java for a clearly native application.

I will suppose you're using some kind of *Nix (I don't know about any df command in windows).

So your code sholub be something similar to

Code:
Process p = Runtime.getRuntime().exec("df");
p.waitFor();
p.getInputStream().read();

Anyway, posting your error message would be helpful.

Cheers,

Dian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back