Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRIVE PATHS, PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

xudito

Technical User
Sep 15, 2000
PT
Hi!
My problem: i´m developing a cd-rom and the ideia is to open certain documents (docs, ppt, outlook message) in the right programs. i´ve look the macromedia link to see how can i find the drive letter of a cd-rom but the script with the FileIO xtra(on CheckDrive weirdfile...) always find the c: and certain times give an error ("Director player runtime...error script" something like that.)
Can anyone give me an idea of how can i get the drive letter of a cd-rom?
The documents (docs, ppt, mail messages)in Director always open in the browser interface? is it possible to find a certain file (winword.exe; outlook.exe; explorer.exe) and then open the documents in that programs and not in the browser?

Thanks,
Xudito

"the moviepath" should return the path of your movie

eg. abc = the moviepath & "document.doc" get the file of your current movie folder

if you want just the drive letter you can do it like this

set the itemdelimiter = ":"

driveletter = item 1 of the moviepath

this might not be correct Syntax but I don't work in Director anymore, working from memory. The concept is the important part.

Oh, and this probably doesn't work on a Mac, I never bothered supporting them.

Thank you to you all...
I've used the Buddy Api xtra and it works just fine

Thanks
Xudito

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back