Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive mappings replicating

Status
Not open for further replies.

stascat

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
AU
I have a problem with one of my clients Windows NT workstation, they have about 4 drives mapped when they log onto the network and then every other free drive maps to his user directory (eg a through to z maps a drive) this slows him down considerably in the morning and disconnecting the drives does not matter as they reconnect in the next morning.

If you are running Findfast, try to disable it and see if that helps.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately they do not have findfast in the startup group.

I have just come across this same thing on a users machine as well, he has no find fast running either. Viral scan turned up nothing, as did spybot.
I see some refrences to gator in his temp Inet files. I will get him to reboot when hes back from lunch and see if they return...very strange indeed.

Check your Viral scan settings as this may be attemting to scan all network drives

Virus scan is not set to do this. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back