Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive contents not shown when clicking on icon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan1954

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2003
GB
I downloaded a program called Menu Maker to try and discovered that it creates a link to the command it creates. When I click on the c: drive icon, instead of opening the drive and displaying the contents, it now launches the menu maker command.
Does anyone know where to recify this? Presumably in the registry somewhere but I can't find it.

No it doesn't. I have tried a rollback as well

You mean you've used System Restore to go back to before you installed it?

Yes, I have but it doens't fix it. It must be an entry in the registry somewhere but I cna't find it.

That's very odd - this is exactly the sort of situation system restore is designed to protect from. You're certain the restore point was before you installed Menu Maker?

I'm a bit at a loss. If you had a spare machine, I'd suggest installing menu maker with something monitoring the registry (like regmon - free, or good old cleansweep (Symantec - not free). But I don't suppose you'd be too keen to mess up another machine!

PS. Which menu maker is this - and is it freeware (because if it is, I've got a test machine I could try it out on)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back