Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drive Change issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

1ITconsultant

Technical User
May 17, 2006
US
Would like to change the existing CD ROM [which works presently] for a DVD ROM. Thought the drivers would recognize the new one but diagnostics indicate that no primary master or slave drive is installed. How can I get the machine to recognize the new drive?

Greetings:

Much thanks for the timely reply. I neglected to mention that this is a Netfinity 5000 [8659 41Y. The replacement drive jumper was set to master. Since this post I have learned that the server is set to accept only devices on the hardware compatibility list. It is not the jumper setting. When the original CD Drive was replaced it was recognized immediately. There is a vendor that sells IBM DVD drive with an FRU number. Would prefer to use the Samsung DVD. Advice sought on how to get this recognized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back