Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill through return random sets of row counts ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recce

Programmer
Aug 28, 2002
ZA
Good day,

I am using Analysis Services 2008. I have enabled drill through on three seperate perspectives in one Cube. I have also set the maximum no of records to 150 000 in the SSAS Drill Through Action. This I have also done within the SSAS enjin properties.

When I am in Excel I also make sure that the No of OLAP drill through rows is to 150 000.

The problem however is that it seems to return random sets of row counts. To start of with it does not return the exact count in the measure and every time it seems to be a different row count. Some times the result is 30% of the measure count and other times it is 60% of the measure count.

Does anyone have any ideas or explanation for this ?

[pipe] "We know nothing but, that what we know is not the truth..." - Me

My guess is that the count varies because there are "duplicates" in the scope of data currently being returned. Let's say you are returning the measure Sales Amount along with the Customer Name, Location Name, and Date. If your relational table has five of rows for this one Customer, Location and Date, you'll just get one row back in the drillthrough.

Thanks for this RiverGuy. This interesting and I din't know this however,this fact table has 800 000 unique records which means that, there has to be another reason as well and I can not figure out what it can be...

[pipe] "We know nothing but, that what we know is not the truth..." - Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back