Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

nag999

Programmer
Apr 16, 2003
IN
Hi All,

I have a different scenario. I have to display the data as below

Location 1 Count(Employees)
Location 2 Count(Employees)

OnDrill Down I want to display 2 groups.i.e.
Location1
Region 1
Customer 1 OrderCount(5)
Customer 2 OrderCount(10)
Region 2
Customer 3 OrderCount(11)
Customer 4 OrderCount(21)

When We Click on Customersi.e.

Customer 1
Order 1
Order 2
Order 3....

How do I get it?

Thanks
Nagaraj

hi

Create a group Location
Greate a group Region
place customer in the detail section

right click the format section on your report
for each group and check drill down

cheers

pgtek

Will that not drill down one group at a time though? So you will then have to click on "Region" to see customers?

Hi Pgtek/Katy44,

Pgtek. I understood that will create a drill down effect. Where by Drill down on first group will show up the second group on further drill down show group 3 and so on. But Here I want it in show up in different way.

On Drill Down on Group1(i.e. Locations), It should display the Group2(i.e. Regions) and Group3(i.e. Customer under that Region).
When I click on Group3(Customer of particular), It should expand all the order that a particular customer made. That we can display the line items details section.

How can we display two groups on drill down of its parent group?
Katy44 had good catch about what i mean to say..Thanks..!!

Thanks,
Nagaraj

One approach would be to group on location in the main report and then insert an on-demand subreport with groups on location, region, and customer, with the order details hidden. You could make the caption for the subreport contain both the location and the summary field by going to format subreport->subreport->on-demand subreport caption->x+2 and entering:

{table.location}+ " "+totext(count({table.employee},{table.location}),0,"")

Then clicking on the on-demand subreport would reveal the three subreport groups. Clicking on the subreport group Customer would allow drilldown to the order details.

You would, of course, place the on-demand subreport in the location group header of the main report in place of the group name.

-LB

Hi Lbass,

That is an alternative, But client need it to be that way. I am just looking out whether it is feasible to do so or else what are other alternative ways to acheive the format as defined in my first message.

Thanks,
Nagaraj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back