Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill-Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrow66

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
US
I need to drill down without showing the drill-down box for users. All what the user
need to do is to click on the header and see all its contents. For example, Group = Country,
Second Group = Site. Country is USA and Sites are 123, 456, 789, 800. I need users to click on
USA on the report to see all its information with using the drill down menu. I am using Access97 database
and crystal 8.5.
Can someone please help?
Thanks in advance.

How are the reports distributed to the user (Web, client-server app, etc)?

Through the WSC (calling reports via URL) or ASP code (RDC)?

Both some clients we use ASP and the other strict URL.However we are trying to Standardize through ASP code

Assumming that reports are viewed in ActiveX viewer: in SmartViewerActiveX.asp, after <OBJECT> tag, either alter existing or insert a new line:

<PARAM NAME=&quot;DisplayGroupTree&quot; VALUE=0>

This will disable the group tree on the left, bu the user will still be able to drill down by clicking on group headers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back