Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill down opening on same report

Status
Not open for further replies.

FishKiller

IS-IT--Management
Jul 21, 2003
US
I am using CR9 and SQL2000. The report I am creating shows Monthly totals in group 1 then weekly totals in group 2 and then daily totals in group 3. I do not want group 2 or 3 to display until I drill down however, once I drill down it opens (by default) to another tab. Is it possible to have it stay on the same tab? This is almost like making a pivot table however I do not think CR9 supports pivot tables. Any help would be greatful.

-Fish

No, you can't do that, but instead of using drilldown, you could use an on-demand subreport that when opened displays all groups, even though in a new tab.

-LB

You might have a better solution all around. I am tring to create an expandable chart that allows users to see items sold across the top and dates grouping in months then weeks then day. Due to the mess of numbers I want it to only show months until you expand on a certain customer then show the month you are on with week totals. If you expand on week totals you would list days. Are on-demand subreports still the same answer?

EX:

Customer ID (TREE)
5 (EXPANDED) ITEM A ITEM B ITEM C etc...

Jan-06 23 2 10

FEB-06 (EXPANDED) 40 30 60
Week 1 10 5 20
Week 2 5 10 10
Week 3 10 5 10
Week 4 (Expanded)15 10 20
Day 1 5 2 1
Day 2 0 8 7
Day 3 2 0 3
Day 4 3 0 9
- Fish

You couldn't really achieve what you are showing. It looks to me like the drilldown approach is best, but you will have to settle for the separate tabs, I think.

-LB

While Crystal can't do this type of in-place drill-down, consider a 3rd-party viewer (see list at:
For a 1 minute video demonstrating this functionality in my DataLink Viewer (a recent version currently in testing)), see:
- Ido

Visual CUT & DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back