Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drill Down in CrossTab???

Status
Not open for further replies.

veronic

Programmer
Apr 6, 2004
US
I have a crosstab which show number of projects and amount for different departments by Project Status. Looks like:

Dep1 Dep2 dep3

Open $5000 $ 20 $0.00
7 2 0

On Hold $ 800 $0 $500
8 0 4..etc

My question:
I need to be able to click on number and get to detail report which will show info about each project..
Can I do this??

Not using a conventional cross-tab, however you might create a manual cross-tab, and then when they drill into a group, have the appropriate underlying data.

Keep in mind that Crystal insn't an OLAP interface, so drill down means drilling into a group, not a number/data point.

-k

If you want to drilldown on a "cell" in a manual crosstab, you could insert a subreport in the group header or footer for each column that has a record selection formula limited to that column value, e.g., {table.dept} = "Dep1". You can format the subreport to be "on-demand" and use a formula as the subreport caption which is a text version of the summary for that group, e.g.:

totext(sum({table.amt},table.group}))

This text version of the summary becomes the link to the subreport that shows the elements contributing to that summary.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back