Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRG22i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Option43

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
IS
Hi,

Anyone installed the DRG22i unit? I have managed to connect the unit to an ELU32 but get I want to upgrade the ini file and software. I have TFTP server with the files and unit tries to upgrade put it always say fails after trying. Can anyone help?

We have a DRG22i in service.

We haven't upgraded it's software but the factory default appears to be to DHCP.
cf : DRG22 which has a factory default fixed IP address in private address space.

Once the DRG22i had DHCP'd it's IP address, we were able to use the browser interface to configure it.

As I say, we didn't upgrade it, but I'm pretty sure one of the configuration pages is to 'Upgrade'

There is a CD that comes with the DRG22i which I gather helps manage large numbers of DRG's. We didn't need to use any of the stuff on the CD to get it working.

The main catch we found when setting up DRG's was the requirement to initiate the phone number with a mandatory password. Then the H323 alias in the DRG has to match the password (or the H323 alias IS the password, whichever way you want to look at it)

zebra,

what version are you runnning on the DRG and to what version are you trying to upgrade?

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Hi,

Name: DRG-22
Product revision: R5A
Default configuration: R1D
Downloader revision: cxc_132_4888-R1B18
Reported download status: 0x7
Main software revision: DMA0024-R2F191

This is what is showing.

In this softwarerelease is a bug.

In previous releases, DRG can´t proceed with http downloading or upgrading through LAN port, because
http client is bound to WAN.

Hi,

Ok how do I get out of this mess?

Thanks.

upgrade via wan port??

I have just upgraded the ELU32 to R6A and the DRG is now loaded with 060131_MD_EARLYH245_NO_FASTSTART and DMA0024-R2F191. Is this what others are using?

Thanks.

Hi,
I have down grade this unit and the extensions would not log onto the MD. So, I upgraded to the latest firmware and they then logged on again. I still have the issue when ringing from an MD phone into the unit where I get no speech. The phones connected and you can enter command SUSIP to see the status but no speech... any ideas?

Thanks.

try with the latest firmware (R2G).

small question from what type of extension are you trying to call from?

Hi,
I have tried to ring from a digital and an IP phone.

IP Phone firmware is very important.

please give IPERP; printout. version R3x is known to have one way speech / no speech with DRG

Hi,
But what about the digital extension, surely this will still be able to ring the DRG?

Hi,
I have also tried from ECC and this fails...mmm

Hi,

This is the IPERP;
32764 R2B/R4F/R4A DBC42501

this firmware should be able to work with the DRG (though its not the latest, should be R5E)

what codec are you using on the DRG and MD?

show IPGKP:LIM=ALL;

G729 should be unchecked on the DRG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back