Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dreamwriter print file to data file

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmack

Technical User
Sep 4, 2001
GB
Hi
Does anyone out there know of a quick easy way to convert the output of a dreamwriter to a data file which can then be pulled off to MS Excel? I have one or two users who are keen to do this. Or do you know of a better way to acheive this?

In the Additional Parameters section

set

Output Media . . . . . . . . . P

and provide the library and member name. You can also add fields in the output section to create delimiters, i.e.
comma1, comma2 etc. Excel (and lotus) love delimited files.

Garry
Thanks but I am not allowed to enter P for this value.
RPT FAX IFX RFX are the only allowed entries. Am I missing something here? Please come back on this as what you have said is most interesting.

Duh! Not enough coffee: Sorry

set

Output Media . . . . . . . . . F

and add the library and member names. you may want a separate library for this stuff, so you can clean it out periodically.

Garry & BigMack,
Great topic.
When I enter F in the section titled
Additional Parameters
e.g.,
Output Media. . . . . . . F
I get an error msg. When I do a help [F1] I get this, which is what Mack gets.
Allowed Values RPT FAX IFX RFX '

Can you show an example that'll get around the error msg and allowed values list?
Thanks, Mike mdang@email.com

Instead of using a dream writer to output to file (it can't) use world writer and output to file .. then use client access to download the file into pc.. you can also set client access to be an add in to excel... s.e.t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back