Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DreamWeaver vs. FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbdw6708

Vendor
Jun 22, 2000
US
I am using FrontPage right now and have heard many good things about DreamWeaver.  Please give me feedback on the differences between the two. Thanks

there have been a number of threads dedicated to this topic- they usually end up in a number of people saying &quot;I like this better&quot; and you're left with a number of personal opinions (mine is that DreamWeaver is better, but Notepad is best).<br><br>As both of them are far from 1st generation products, they both have very developed features. The first thing I tend to dislike about Frontpage is that it's an MS product. Very closely tied to that is the fact that it's a proprietary product- many features will only work on certain servers that are FP-enabled, and I don't think those features are worth buying frontpage for. I haven't used Frontpage enough to be able to tell you much more about it (although that's my choice- I don't want to use Frontpage that much). DreamWeaver is not a product I use often- when I do web development, I like the total and absolute control that notepad gives me. I don't like editing HTML with a GUI interface, and I'm very concerned about how my code looks. DreamWeaver gives me a decent amount of control. I can choose tag display options and tabbing options. The last version of Frontpage I used formatted all tags the way that it wanted them to be formatted. Frontpage was a pain, so I stopped using it. I'm not sure what it has now, but I don't think it's worth the effort finding it out. DreamWeaver can solve any problem I need to solve with it, and that's good enough for me. <p>Liam Morley<br><a href=mailto:lmorley@wpi.edu>lmorley@wpi.edu</a><br><a href=] :: imotic :: website :: [</a><br>"light the deep, and bring silence to the world.<br>
light the world, and bring depth to the silence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back