Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver saves to firefox and not to i.e.

Status
Not open for further replies.

slp2008

Instructor
Jun 17, 2003
US
I prefer the .html extensions that are i.e. and not firefox. How can I ensure this?

What do you mean? Which browser is set as your default? If its firefox and you want ie, just go into ie's internet options, programs tab and make it default.

Html is Html there is no such thing as Firefox html, or IE html its just html. If you are getting icons with the FF logo, that just means FF is associated to open the file on a double click but it does not in any way preclude IE from opening them.

If you want to change the icon to IE's html icon, holding the Shift while key right clicking on an file, will add one more option to the menu. "Open With" select the Open With option, Click on the Choose Program button. Select IE, and Tick the box that reads "Always use selected program to open this kind of file". IE will then be set as the default to open the file type.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back