Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver PHP MYSQL - Cant preview page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

southpaw81

Programmer
Feb 19, 2004
US
Thank you for being such a valueable resource - ahead of time.

I have finally got my connection from Dreamweaver to MYSQL through godaddy.com to work. All of my database connections are successful when I use the test option in Dreamweaver. My issue is when I go through the insert, application objects, Insert record, insert record form wizard and create a page using dynamic php template - it will create perfectly and even show me the fields from my database. When I click ok after everything is entered and tested. And then click preview my page comes up "BLANK". The form in my dreamweaver page does not show at all - and even if I write text on the page within dreamweaver - outside the form - the page still shows up blank. Per my book it is telling me to save the page as a insert_record.php - does the .php extension have something to do with it?

Thanks again!

I just wanted to give everyone an update. I contact my webhost godaddy.com (which im wondering if they are a good company or not at this point, anyone have any longterm experience with them?)

Anyhow they stated that there server for PHP is running in safe mode and apparently has been for several days. This is rather disturbing considering that when my site goes live I could have customers unable to contact me for several days.

They gave me a site to check the status of the server and sent me on my way.

Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back