Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver overwrites images

Status
Not open for further replies.

w11z

Programmer
Mar 26, 2001
CA
Hello everyone,

I'm working with Dreamweaver CS3. Sometimes when I replace an image that is already being used in a webpage (for example I change the color of the image sky.jpg and re-upload it to the server using ws-ftp). When I start Dreamweaver (ftp connect) DW overwrites the new sky.jpg with the old sky.jpg. I have to re-upload again... And it never stops...What can I do?

Thanks

Make sure that you replace the file that Dreamweaver is using on your local folder. If you are already doing that, Dreamweaver should not be able to find any other version of the file to overwrite with.

(Try clearing your cache if you continue to have this problem.)

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Thank you Greg,

I'm connecting directly to the server (I'm not using local files). I'v decided to work with phpDesigner. I'm afraid (;-) to start DW and have it overwrite what I've done whit phpDesigner. Do you have any other suggestion.

w11z

If you're not using local files, where exactly is Dreamweaver finding the old file?

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

I don't know, that's what i'm trying to find out. I'm working with the FTP feature of DW - connect directly to the server (no local files). I've searched everywhere to understand why DW overwrites (but not always) an image (sometimes a file) that had just been modified by another program - my first post explains how it works. Anyone have any idea? The server is Unix and i'm working with PHP files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back