Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver or Go Live??? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

precie

Instructor
Dec 13, 2003
MP
I am looking to upgrade and thinking of going with Go Live. I've used Dreamwaever 3.0 and thought it was good. Any feedback on either program?

The newer versions of Dreamweaver have a lot of goodies that the older ones didn't. Basically, all of Macromedia's products have been built to integrate with Dreamweaver. So from Dreamweaver, you can work with your Flash/Fireworks/Freehand/ColdFusion templates. So if you use any of those (or plan on using them), I would definately go with Dreamweaver.

I really can't offer any suggestions on GoLive, I've never tried it.

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

"Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

I never used Golive but I wouldn't trade in my dreamweaver MX in a million years. I love it.
I used DW 3 as well. I was skeptical to move to MX because I was right in the middle of a large web project and didn't want to get tied up leaning new functionality. Not only was it a little new it made more sense and was actually easier to learn. I think MX is outstanding.
But as you will see others may disagree. But that's what I have used and like.

If you go for MX, try getting this book along with it.
Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back