Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver MX FTP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinggg

Technical User
May 15, 2004
NZ
Hi

I signed up for a hosting account. Using Dreamweaver MX, I setup my site to FTP. I tested all my login details and I can connect to the server.

When I connect to the server I get a message:

'Dreamweaver cannot determine the remote server time. The Select newer and Synchronise commands will not be available'.

When I try to upload any files I get an error message

'An FTP error occured - cannot put xxx.jpeg - Dreamwever incountered an internal data - please try the operation again'.

I am not able to upload any files to the server despite being able to connect to the server. I have other sites hosted elsewhere and have not had this problem - the host says he has seen this before but can't remember the fix

Any ideas on what is causing this problem?

Thanks

Did you select to use "Passive FTP"? Go to:

"Menubar" > Site > Edit Sites > then...

select the site you are trying to transfer and select "Use Passive FTP" from the dialog. this should fix it.

Also make sure you have permissions set to allow creation of files in the directory.

Dodge20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back