Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver MX crashes (error type2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhtech

Technical User
Feb 20, 2004
US
We run Dreamweaver MX 6.1 on an OS 9 mac. Whenever we connect to our web server to open the site through the drop down menu, dreamweaver will crash.However if we open it similiar to creating a new site and type in the correct name and path the site will open fine.Could this be some type of caching issue?

Hi rhtech!
I don't have a mac but perhps from win32 perspective:

- check the advanced settings on your site and look for "Auto" anything....as in Upload,Refresh List etc.
then remove those options and test

Is your testing server the same as the production?

It might be that you have your site set to defualt "Remote View" which will on Slection of it then initiate the connection to the remote server...that might be the reson it locks up.
I don't think it is the DW itself but rather a connection issue to your server....DW will crash if it takes too long to connect or if it tries to perform one of those auto-functions mentioned before.
Also, go over "Edit-->Prefrences...--->[Site] and try manually testing your connection
Hopefully it is not anything out of ordinary.
Save/Export your site configuration before u try anything...just in case ;-)
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

I believe you are correct in that it is with the connection to the server. We migrated to a new server when this started to happen. I reinstalled Dreamweaver and we now link to and open the sites without issue.

there u go!
nice work :)
All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back