Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver MX 2004 on XP laptop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnp2006

MIS
Jan 10, 2007
US
DW 2004 refuses to start on a new XP service pack 2 laptop. I moved DW from an older PC after unregistering it but it will not run so I can't register it. I have searched DW help, uninstalled and re-installed DW but when I click the start icon an hourglass appears for a couple of seconds but the application refuses to start.

Any idea on how to fix this so I can run the software on the new laptop?

John P

Are there any patches you can apply from Adobe/Macromedia to solve it? What about un-installing and re-installing to a different folder name?

"I don't want to sell anything, buy anything or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed... or buy anything sold or processed... or process anything sold, bought or processed... or repair anything sold, bought or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that."

I have tried uninstall and reinstall. Will try changing where it installs to a new directory.

JP

Did you get Dreamweaver to work. I am having the same problem.

No. I have tried uninstalling it, then installing it in a new directory and it still failed to start. I also tried removing all the registry entries and then installing and it did not work.

There should not be a prob lem doing this (I have done this with other software and had good results).

I have sent a note to Adobe Sales (since they bought macromedia) and have not gotten a response from them so far. I would think they would want to help customers in order to keep them and avoid bad press but I have not gotten their attention so far.

If I find a solution that works I will post it here.

JP

long shot....SP2 = firewall....add DW to exceptions and fire DW up. If not there are patches on
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back