Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver FTP questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dearjohn

Technical User
Jul 26, 2003
US
I just took over a site hosted on Geocities Plus (no indepenent domain name, no ads, with supposed FTP ability). I use Dreamweaver MX to maintain other sites, but have done them from scratch. What I want to do is download the current site from geocities, then continue to maintain it, keeping a local copy. I have all the passwords, but I am not having any luck. Any suggestions?

dearjohn,

Create a new Site in DW.. while creating the site, check the Remote FTP section, fill all info in (IP, username, password) and TEST.. also be sure to specify the Local Info.

If all successful, go back to DW, it should automagically switch you to your new site (on the right panel), switched the dropdown to REMOTE VIEW, select any folders/files you'd like to download and hit the DOWN arrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back