Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver Asks for a Datasource Login ID/PWD

Status
Not open for further replies.

scripter73

Programmer
Apr 18, 2001
US
Hi,

I just installed an evaluation version of CFMX and Dreamweaver on my machine. I'm setting up a website to begin going through the tutorial and I have just setup my RDS. My website name is "ows" and I've already created a datasource in the Administrator as "ows".

Now when I'm in Dreamweaver, I'm trying to Create a Recordset and I reference the DataSource name. All of a sudden, I get a pop-up box asking for the LoginID/password for the Datasource.

I've reviewed the setup of the datasource in the Administrator and I didn't give a login/password. Where is this coming from? What id/password does it want? I tried setting one up under the datasource in the Administrator, but I get a bunch of JDBC error messages.

This is just a setup for a mock website, but any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
scripter73

Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life.

Nevermind....Solved my own problem. It helps I guess if you move the DB to the correct locale.

Thanks anyway. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life.

thanks for posting your solution. you may have better results in the DW forum though.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
-Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back