Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver & Cold Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dharmachic

Technical User
Dec 18, 2000
US
OK, If I design a site with Dreamweaver & my clients decides that he wants to add Cold Fusion to it in 6 months, will I have to redesign anything? Will the site be compatible?

Thanks!

It doesn't matter what you design your site in. If you go back later and add database connectivity to a previously static site, then yea, you're talking alot of time. Well, I suppose it depends on whether you are changing existing pages to be dynamic, or just adding new pages. If all you're doing is adding new pages, then you shouldn't have any time invested in redoing any of the old stuff.

But, you aren't talking design time, you're talking development. The difference between "look & feel" and "nuts & bolts".

If it makes you feel any better, CF is an Allaire product, and Allaire and Macromedia are bosom buddies now, so if there was a product that I would use for CF, it would be something by Macromedia -- but probably UltraDev.

good luck - :)
Paul Prewett
penny.gif
penny.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back