Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver 8 & Dreamweaver CS5

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyfay

Technical User
Nov 3, 2011
US
Hi, and will someone tell me how I can use either Dreamweaver 8 or Dreamweaver CS5 to design a motel booking and reservation section on my website for interactive features like, for example, when a guest wants to check room availability from Nov. 8 to Nov. 10, he enters 3 nights, checks room rates and books his room, and I respond and confirm? Thank you.

You'll need a database, you'll need much more programming than what DW can offer on its own.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Web & Tech

If you use Joomla's open source content management systems, johnnyfay, then you can use a component that performs that trick easily.

I've just downloaded a component from called 'Appointment book' and I think it covers all the things you want. Well, you might be set against the open source CMS notion - though I can't imagine why because it is definitely the way to go - but it would be worth a look. You'll find lots of good ideas there.

I haven't used the component yet. The people behind the sites I thought to use it on want to keep to a hands-on approach for bookings. But for you, that might well be too time-consuming.

Be most interested to hear what you decide on - and be great to see the code you use, if you decide to go it alone. Cheers paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back