Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dreamweaver 4 changing access rights on edited pages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 23, 2002
US
We're running our website on an Apache 2.0 server, and there are a total of about 4 or 5 people who update various areas of the site. I am now acting as backup for one of those people, and for the last few days I've been adding an article page and then updating the index.html page to link to the new article.
We just discovered that Dreamweaver, when updating the page, changed the permissions to that page, and now I'm the only one with editing rights for index.html.
I am using a Windows 2000 machine, and the person I'm acting as backup for is using a Mac OS 9 Notebook and running Dreamweaver 3.
Any ideas, suggestions, clues??

angie
Dreamweaver newbie

I don't think this is a Dreamweaver issue as much as it is an issue of who you log on as when you upload the file. Are you using FTP? Are you using the person's computer that would normally edit it? *************
M. MARNEY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back