Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing lines in the background

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjbrown815

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2006
US
Hi,
I want to draw lines in the background, not connectors or arrows. The only lines that I see that are available do not cross each other flat but rather jump over each other. Is there a way to just draw lines in the back ground?

thanks

-CJ

SQL2005// CRXIr2// XP Pro

"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be"
-KHALIL GIBRAN 1883-1931

Hi CJ,

what version of Visio are you working with?
In Visio 2010 it works like this:
Ribbon "Start", area "Tools". There in the upper right, right next to the "select" arrow, you'll see a rectangle of sorts. Click on the small expand arrow next to it Now you can pick either the "line" tool or "arc" or "freehand".
Now you can draw crossing lines without them interfering with each other. Send them to the background using the context menu "To Background".

Cheers,
MakeItSo

“Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” (Kofi Annan)
Oppose SOPA, PIPA, ACTA; measures to curb freedom of information under whatever name whatsoever.

I'm using 2007, thanks

-CJ

SQL2005// CRXIr2// XP Pro

"Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be"
-KHALIL GIBRAN 1883-1931

You can select objects and do a Send to Back. There is also the option of placing the information on a background page. There is also the possibility of adding the shapes to a layer and then send that to the back.

John... Visio MVP - Visio.MVPs.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back