Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing error preventing me from binding xrefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anumet

Technical User
Jun 25, 2004
NO
The architects drawings are always a base for my electrical drawings. If someone wants my DWG-files, I therefore have to bind the drawing - putting all the XREFS into one and the same drawing.

The architect drawing I'm currently working on has been Purged and Audited, but it still gives the error message
ARX_ERROR: eNotThatKindOfClassRegenerating model.

This seems to prevent me from being able to bind the XREFs (I get an error saying that at least one of the XREFS failed to bind due to an error in the proxy object.)

Any suggestions how to fix this? Since there are heaps of nested XREFS - inserting each and every one of them as a block will ten-fold my work :S.

When I have run across this issue, I know you mentioned you did an audit, but have you done a recovery (goes much deeper). Then I have always been able to bind the xref with no problem.

Here is a specific link:

If the issue turns out not to be an object enabler, and you have at least version 2004, you can try to let Etransmit perform the binding of the x-refs for you in the transmittal setup?

carlak is correct... you need and object enabler. if you dont find one at the link he provided for your cad program you will probably have to upgrade or have the architect save down to a version you can bind with.

hope this helps
ccastelein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back