Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drawing Charts in ACCESS? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiderJon

Programmer
Aug 26, 2002
FR
Hello,

Is there a way to create charts in ACCESS using some fields in ACCESS. By charts, I mean bar/lines/pie graphs like in excel.

If not is there any other ways?

Thank you

RiderJon
"I might have created ctrl+alt+del,
But Bill made it famous" - Dr. Dave

You can use basically the same chart control as you would use in Excel. If you want to create your own charts without using a control, check the Corp Tech Demos download from There are "graphic" elements that I created on reports using the Line and Print methods.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Duane, what do you mean I can use the same control as excel?

How do I do that - do you mean I creating charts in excel and linking it to a form in Access?

I just want a simple line graph to track days like below:

Team A: *-------* *----*
Team B: *----------*
Team C: *--------*

Where X-axis = dates/months (like 11/03, 12/03, 01/04)

And y-axis is simply name of the teams. Basically viewed the time the teams were operational.

I HAVE NEVER made a chart in ACCESS. So please provide the basics.

Thank you

RiderJon

Okie, I finally found the chart wizard. But when I double clicked on the chart it changed to some other formats (East, West .... ).

Any suggestions?

Thank you,

RiderJon

Duane, thanks a millions for this marvelous link!!! Have a star!!!

Thanks, it's good to here that others find value in my work.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

Excellent, Duane, excellent!!!
Very ingenious. I am very sorprised with your neatness and simplicity of your reports.
Keep doing excellent. And thanks again. Your reports are teaching me a lot.

oooh, that layout is so exactly what i am looking for! Is there a way to wrap the appointments to the next day? I.e., if there was something that started at 9pm on one day, and finished at 7 am the next day, is there a way to display it in the evening of day 1 and the morning of day 2?

Fabulous work btw!

You would need to create a table of all possible dates and use a query like the following. This is a cartesian query that will split an event the occurs on multiple dates.

SELECT tblEvents.StartDate, tblEvents.StartTime, tblEvents.EndDate, tblEvents.EndTime, tblAllDates.TheDate, IIf([TheDate]>[StartDate],0,[StartTime]) AS RptStartTime, IIf([TheDate]<[EndDate],0.99999,[EndTime]) AS RptEndTime
FROM tblAllDates, tblEvents
WHERE (((tblAllDates.TheDate) Between [StartDate] And [EndDate]));

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Ok, that looks doable...but, just to add another wrench to the machinery -

My user wants to see the day ending at 4:59 am, and the next day starts at 5 am....

The shifts are 24/7, so that quirk is a result of 24 hour operations. I have jobs that start at 8 or 9 pm, wrap over to the next morning or afternoon, but the cutoff for the end of one day,and the beginning of the next, is 4:59 am...

Any thoughts?

So, what have you tried to do to change the SQL? What was the result? Have you looked at the DateAdd() function to get a handle on how to add or subtract time intervals to a date/time value?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back