Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draw X3 - cannot see object while being dragged

Status
Not open for further replies.

linker3000

IS-IT--Management
May 11, 2007
GB
Hi,

When I select and drag/drop an object or group of objects I do not get any view of the object until I drop it - so I cannot see it moving across the screen to know where I am positioning it!

This feels like it may be a video drivers issue, but I have just installed the latest from Nvidia. Any ideas?

Draw has all SPs installed. Running on Vista Business with Core2 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM/GeForce 8600GT with latest drivers.

Thanks

Ok - just to clarify - this is only a problem for grouped objects - for example, a box with some paragraph text inside it.

I think you have to pause the drag for about a second if you want the outline of the grouped items to show. I can't find an option that might turn that off or speed it up.

The group is also redrawn when nudging (control + arrow keys) at each step. You can change the amount of nudge in Tools : Options : Document : Rulers so this might be a possible solution if you cannot show while dragging.

1. If it's a complex object the outline will not show try to reduce the nodes

2. If your Corel File is full of 1:1 scale Pictures the moving of objects is limited due to Memory usage
Try setting Corel's memory usage to 75%

3. Try to work at 10:1 scale then after making all the modifications re-scale to 1:1

4. The same problem appears when the Corel file is corupt.
Try moving your objects on a new Document

Increase the moved object with 1000% then move it. then Rescale to 100%

I am a Corel Fan!atic. (NAH)

Just discovered a thing.

If you have 2 identical object's grouped they will not show when dragged.

I am a Corel Fan!atic. (NAH)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back