Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draw Order - Reordering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volk359

Technical User
Jun 30, 2004
US
Greetings All,

AutoCAD 2005 - I'm working with drawings that contain raster images to which I draw on top of them. Many times when changing a layer's color or freeze/thaw state many, but not necessarily all, of my cad entities somehow get moved underneath the raster image. The draw order for the image then has to be sent to the back.

What would be causing this or, better yet, is there a setting to keep the draw order for the image at the bottom all the time?

Thanks

Hi Volk359,

Not sure of a setting to make images default all the time, but try this:

Right click on the image in AutoCAD and right click on the image and select “Draw Order”, “Send to Back”. In Architectural Desktop, select “Basic Modify Tools”, then “Display Order” and finally click on “Send to Back”.

HTH
Todd

Thanks Todd, that's my SOP I'm just getting tired of having to do it.

Once you have sent the image to the back, you can simply do a regen and the image will go to the back again. This is an annoyance that Autodesk has yet to fix.

Regen, eh? 'Course I can't reproduce the problem at will but will keep that in mind.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back