Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draw Graphics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVio

Programmer
Apr 19, 2002
CA
I would like to draw some graphics using VC++ and then to be able to modify them usind the mouse, someting simmilar to Ms Paint.
Does anyone have any idea how can I do it?
Thank you.

this is pure basics of WinAPI which you can find a lot in all WinAPI manuals. I recommend you to take a look in codeguru.com

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

What do you want to know about: WinAPI, MFC, or something else? Like Ion said, this is pretty basic -- drawing graphics in MFC basically requires an understanding of the direct context and event handlers. If you are interested in drawing simple graphics in MFC, look up CDC, CClientDC, and CPaintDC classes in MSDN.

-Bones

I would like to be able to create graphics using the mouse, and drag and drop them. I know to draw a graphic, but I don't really know what should I be using to be able to drag and drop them after.

you should deal with some specific messages like following:

case WM_LBUTTONWODN:
drag = true;
break;
case WM_LBUTTONWODN:
drag = false;
break;
case WM_MOVE:
if(drag)
{
do something
}