Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Draw diagonal line in chart 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cifjha

Technical User
Mar 9, 2004
SE
Hi,
I want to draw a diagonal line from the origin of coordinates (0,0) to the upper rigth corner (100,100) i a chart.

I've tried to place a picture with transparent colors on top on the chart but CR did not accept that.

Any other suggestions?

Crystal Reports only has support for user-defined lines that are horizontal or vertical ;-(

Could you create a formula of datapoints that go from 0,0..100,100 and simply chart that as one of your series?

You could also consider one of the add-on replacement chart products for Crystal Reports (I know at least one offers this capability).

Dan Weingart
OEM Technical Manager
Three D Graphics, Inc.

Thank you very much for your answer Dan!

The add-on replacement chart products really helped me. I got the line that I needed and I also fixed a couple of other problems that I had.

One problem is still unsolved though. In my legend I have a rather large amount of text. Unfortunately I am unable to stretch the legend box so that the text fits on one row.

Can the add-on replacement chart products be modified to solve this problem to?
/

This is for Dan of Three D Graphics:

I've downloaded the evaluation of the replacement chart module, but I didn't see what I really need - an option to smooth lines in a line chart (regular series lines, not trendlines). Is this an option??

Thanks,
Kristen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back