Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

draw a route line on Google maps or Bing Map...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sal21

Programmer
Apr 26, 2004
IT
Possible to inset in a picturebox an Italy map, and show on a route line of driving way, based latitude and latitude value?

note:
- i just have also a italian zip code for any destination
- i just have a Google maps key and Bing Map key.
Choice one from this key.

Ok, so ... couple of immediate answers ...

Firstly, have a quick look at your previous thread222-1803165, in which I provided an example of how to use Bing Maps to calculate driving distance between two waypoints. The XML that is returned contains way more than just the total distance - amongst other things it contains a set of attributes called EntityAlongRoute, each entity representing a long/lat point on the route. Simply retrieve and plot those. Or you can modify the URL I provided in that example by adding routePath to the RouteAttributes parameter, which adds a RoutePath attribute to be returned that contains an optimised set of (long/lat) coordinates to the Bing response (same values as EntityAlongRoute, but EntityAlongRoute contains a bunch of other date you may not be interested in)

Second answer - seems to me that you are simply trying to replicate functionality that Bing Maps already has. So why not use the Bing Maps v8 map control that your Bing key gives you access to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back