Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dragging flash in the browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubychyld

Programmer
Mar 22, 2001
US
I have a swf file. I put it into a draggable div tag with z-index:1000. There are select lists on the page. I know regular z-index doesn't allow div tags above a select list. But flash is an object, and sometimes it appears over the select list just like I want it to. But other times, it plays tricks, and hides behind the select menus.

What can I do to always have the flash object above a select menu??

Thanks for the help, Liz Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

I have a work around now. I put a flash movie inside of a div tag. The div tag has a little area that drags the whole div. Since the flash movie is an object, much like an applet or window object select list it will position itself over the select list... unless the flash movie has a transparent bg. The transparent bg makes it ride below a select list, and non transparent bg makes it ride above the select list.

Cool hugh? Catch the vigorous horse of your mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back