Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drag Object

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickCat11

Technical User
Jul 23, 2005
US
I have a machine here using Corel Draw. When I open a blank page and draw a simple object (square) and try to drag it with the pointer around the page it doesn't work anymore. All I can do is use the arrows to move the object around the page. The system is virus/spyware free. Running 2 gigs of memory on a dual core processor. Plenty of hard drive space. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no luck.

Nicholas Catanoso

That sounds a bit like the traditional wireframe behaviour. Can you drag it if you click on the extreme edge, and does it make a difference whether the object is filled?

The object isn't filled and no I can't drag in any way. What do you mean wireframe behavior?

Nicholas Catanoso

If you select view > wireframe corelDraw will display the outlines of objects, but not fill them.

In older versions, objects which were not filled or are displayed in wireframe view could be selected only by clicking on their outline. Clicking inside the outline would not select the object.

With newer versions, that behaviour is optional. You can choose whether you want unfilled objects to be selected by clicking within the filled area. However, that does not seem to be your problem if you cannot select objects by clicking on the outline.

But you say "doesn't work anymore" which suggests that it did before. Have you updated your graphics drivers or changed screen resolution since it last worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back