Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drag-Drop with treeview control

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misled

Programmer
Sep 22, 1998
US
I'm using sheridan's treeview control which is supposed to be compatible with the one that comes with VB6. When I expand nodes or click on nodes it was invoking the drag event and moving nodes sometimes if I didn't keep the mouse still. I fixed it with a 500ms timer event which starts in the mouse down event and is checked for in the dragdrop event. If 500ms has not passed no drag is allowed. Is the this the normal/best way to solve this problem? Is the 500ms time what most experienced programmers would use? Do most people have this problem, or is it just me?

Misled,<br>
<br>
Sorry if this is pounding the obvious, but how sensitive are your mouse settings? When I first loaded Win95, I had the same problem in the Windows Explorer, until I used TweakUI (from the PowerToy collection) to change my click/drag ratio.<br>
<br>
All well and good, but then I loaded some custom controls for a VB 5.0 app, and had the problem all over again. Reset the mouse click/drag, and got rid of the problem. (Note: this particular instance occurred only in the IDE, not in the compiled product.)<br>
<br>
Perhaps not relevant, but worth a think or two?<br>
<br>
Make a good day . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back