Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Drag and Drop stickiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greggie

Technical User
Jun 25, 2001
AU
On a form I have a Picture which I want to drag URL's to from Internet Explorer then use the URLs in my program. To do this, I use the picture's OLEDragDrop event which works fine except that the OLEDragDrop event only gets triggered when I actually click the picture and not when I let the mouse up over the picture. Basically, I want the OLEDragDrop procedure to work when I hover the mouse over the picture then release the mouse button.

Is the behaviour of the OLEDragDrop procedure I describe above normal? (By the way, I have the picture's OLEDrop property set to Manual as in Automatic mode it won't let my drop at all.)

I tried trying to write a similar procedure in the MouseUp procedure but I couldn't get a new DataObject to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back