Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drag and drop a piece of text

Status
Not open for further replies.

catty1160

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
US
I wonder we can have a drag and drop/copy function in Access program:

The function is like this:

1. If we have a paragraph of data in field1: " This is a test paragraph in field1 ", I can highlight the word "test", drag and drop to next paragraph in the same field. (after the action, the word "test " will be removed to 2nd paragraph inside the same field, field1.).

2. The same field1, if we want to copy the word "test" to another field (field2), just highlight the word "test" and drag to field2, then the word "test" be copy to field2. After the action, the word "test" will be in both field 1 and field2?

Anybody have idea? Appreciated!

Blcok, then use Ctrl-C (copy); then and Ctrl-V (paste) to copy text from one box to another.

Hi,

Ctrl+C way is not what I mean of "drag and drop". The way I mean is you highlight the part of text, hold your left mouse key and move the highlighted content to where you want it to be. Anybody can help?

I'm sure there is a way; just never had to use this technique - it'll require code that is specialized no doubt - might try doing an extensive search for drag and drop issues in Access. Let us know if you find the solution. Perhaps someone will come by and have an insight. I've seen specialized lines of code posted here that are specific for events such as you describe but not a clue here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back