Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

drag & drop 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOXPROG

Programmer
Jan 14, 2001
US
Can someone tell me if there is an easy way to have two textboxes on a aspx page and have the ability to drag the text from one box to the other? I am new to both aspx so please keep that in mine. Thanks.

This forum is for Classic ASP, .aspx files are for ASP.NET.

C# Forum:

--------
GOOGLE is a great resource to find answers to questions like "how do i..."

If you don't know exaclty what you want to do or what to search on, try Google Suggest: --------
I have recently been semi-converted to ensuring all my code (well most of it) works in both javascript and non-javasc

That is all client side and javascript magic. The question is what do you want to do with the dragged and rearranged text?

It's actually not even javascript, it's an OS thing to simple move text with the mouse from one text box to another

Code:
<input type="text" value="highlight this text">
<br /><br />
Now click on the highlighted text above and drag the cursor the this text box:<br /><br />
<input type="text">

--------
GOOGLE is a great resource to find answers to questions like "how do i..."

If you don't know exaclty what you want to do or what to search on, try Google Suggest: --------
I have recently been semi-converted to ensuring all my code (well most of it) works in both javascript and non-javasc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back