Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DR5 version has Disconnect Supervision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MWM

MIS
Aug 9, 2001
Anyone: does this version of DR5 (used on a 616) have disconnect supervision: SP:30MJL03. The software module is: NT5B10CF-93.

This 616 will be looking at a channel bank which may require DS.

Thanks

I have that listed as DR4- I dont know if DS was an option.

Why dont you look at the cabinet. The 616 KSU should say disconnect supervision on it.

NTL555

Thanks, bkrike and MTL555;
The system version displayed on a set is, "SP: 30MJL03 DR5," so it is DR5. The cartridge label also says, Rel-03A. But I did not see any disconnect supervision info on the chassis label, though it did mention MOH input impedance, page output voltage, etc.
The ISP providing the channel bank says it should not make any difference, but I am not convinced yet.
Thanks again,
mwm

It will make a BIG difference if you have voicemail. Nothing like having 2 lines "hang" open and you've only got 4 to call out with!!

The 6x16 Cabinet and Software has DS printed on it if it has dissconnect supervision. It should be printed in blue/ green lettering.

if it has black lettering it is non ds
if it has green lettering it is ds (on both cabnet and software)
this is a simple method I use....

Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but seeing one tumble down the stairs makes you smile!

Here is an even easier one.
Call the main number and answer it, then hang up and see if it drops the call.
Gabriel

Thanks, guys -- it is not DS, so we will see how the channel bank handles it -- they have been forwarned, so I am in the clear.
Thanks again -- tips like these make a tech's life a lot easier!
mwm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back