Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DR W2000 failed to initialization module

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaArg

Technical User
Aug 19, 2004
US

Hi,
My problem is the following: I am trying to recover a W2000(SP4) server machine (with Arcserve 2000 SP5) and everything goes ok up to the step after the network card recognition (when you chose 'NO' in the question of add more network adapters). After this step the server restarts ok but, when the DR wizard continues its process, the following error message appears : "an error has occurred while initializing module.The application will teminate". Could anyone help me about this issue?

Thanks,
Dario.

DaArg,

Verify if correct driver to your server network card was recorded in the ARCserve Machine Specific Disk used in disaster recovery process.

Thanks ranyhere for your response! . I can tell you that the network card the wizard shows me to install, in the previous step, is correct. May be I can check the driver into de machine specific disk but I do not know the file where the driver is storage. Could you let me know which is that file?

Seems to me that it is not the NIC driver and it is something else that it is hanging up on. Beside I don't think that a NIC driver would cause that. I'd done DRs with the wrong NIC driver or no NIC driver and it went through, just did not have network access. But then mine was local and you did not mention if it is a local or remote DR.

Regardless the main thing now is to get the system back and not troubleshoot a DR Option problem, time for that was when it was before.

I say just do a parallel install of NT 4.0
install ARCserve
restore the C: drive
do not select the Restore Registry Option since that replaces the current live registry
restart restore the other partition.

These docs will guide you through the parallel install parts.

How and Why to Perform a Parallel Installation of Windows NT 4.0 Article ID:259003

System Cleanup After a Parallel Installation of Windows NT 4.0 Article ID:244378

Thanks davidmichel. The thing is I am testing how to recover one of my W2000 servers. I am not in an emergency situation. I am trying to perform a remote DR but after many tests I still have the same error after network card recognition : "an error has occurred while initializing module. The application will terminate". Any suggestion would be appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back